Job title: SOUTH AMERICAN COMMIS CHEF
Reporting to: Head Chef.
Salary: Based on experience.
Hours: Full Time.
Location: Mordialloc, Victoria.
Main Street, Mordialloc’s most renowned café institution is about to open a South American inspired Cantina therefore we are currently seeking an experienced and motivated South American Chef to join the team!
We are seeking someone who is passionate, driven and excited by the opportunity to cook authentic cuisine in the suburbs!
Key responsibilities & duties
- Good rosters that value work/life balance (open Wed-Sun, closed Mon-Tues except over summer).
- Energetic, friendly and well established team.
- Southern American background preferred to bring authenticity.
- Passion for this style of food.
- Strong creative flair, open to experimentation.
- Proven experience in creating menus, organising kitchens (min 1 year).
- Seeking people who value long term stable employment.
- Lives within 30 minutes from Mordialloc.
- Experience doing Take Away a bonus but not a prerequisite.
|Duties of the role||Time spent||Competencies sought|
|Creating menus & managing a kitchen.||70%||Creative flair, organisational skills.|
|Passion for the industry.||30%||Passion that shows.|
Academic or trade qualifications
Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery preferred.
Work experience and skills
Work experience in a similar role.
How to apply
To apply simply email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.